2902 Goliad at SE Military
San Antonio, TX 78223
8:00 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2012
Health | Wellness,
Goodwill, University Health System, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa and Prevent Blindness Texas are teaming up to make preventive health care easy, convenient and affordable. A special "Wellness Wednesday" event featuring health and vision screenings and mammograms will take place Nov. 7 at the Goodwill location on Goliad Road at SE Military Drive.
Health screenings will be offered from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., including blood pressure, cholesterol, height/weight (body mass index, or BMI) and glucose screenings provided by University Health System. Prevent Blindness Texas will offer vision screenings during this time. All screenings are offered at no cost on a first-come, first-served basis.
Mammograms will be available by appointment only from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. through CHRISTUS Santa Rosa's mobile mammography unit. The screening offers a softer, warmer mammogram with the use of MammoPads, soft, single-use foam breast cushions that can help relieve the discomfort many women feel during a mammogram. Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance will be accepted for mammograms; financial assistance may be available for those who are uninsured and meet other criteria. The following requirements apply:
• Participants must be 40 years of age or older.
• Participants must not have had a mammogram within the past 365 days and have no symptoms (such as lumps or skin changes), no previous breast cancer or mastectomy, implants or pacemakers, and must not be breastfeeding.
• Please wear a two-piece outfit and no deodorant, perfume or lotion.
• Bring a picture ID and insurance card (if applicable), along with a doctor’s order for a mammogram.
• Bring films of your most recent mammogram if applicable.
• To schedule a mammogram appointment or for more information, including assistance with getting a doctor’s order, call CHRISTUS Santa Rosa at 210-704-4100.
The screenings are offered through a collaboration between Goodwill and community healthcare partners to make preventive health services affordable and convenient by bringing them to Goodwill retail stores. For more information call 210-924-8581.