Health | Wellness,
WHAT: Project MEND and TEAMability are hosting the 2012 Fall Race and Roll for Kids; a 5K run-walk-roll to raise awareness of the needs of children with disabilities. Both agencies are 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations that support kids with disabilities and their families by providing access to specialized learning environments, support for comprehensive intervention, and resources to obtain medical equipment to improve a child’s quality of life. All proceeds from the 5K event support kids with disabilities.
WHEN: Saturday, October 27, 2012 7:30am – 11:30am
WHERE: The 5K begins at Valero Energy Corporation One Valero Way - San Antonio, TX 78249
The course is on the Leon Creek Greenway. The paved trails are completely accessible. Kids and Adults using wheelchairs or other mobility devices are encouraged to participate.
ABOUT THE RACE:
• Chip timing for the avid runner
• Race management by: www.iaapweb.com
• 1-mile “Fun Run”
• “Virtual” runner for those that are not able to attend
• Awards for the top 3 Male and Female runners
• Awards for the top 3 Male and Female rollers
www.teamability.org OR www.projectmend.org
QUESTIONS: Lisa Ballesteros 210-701-2024 firstname.lastname@example.org REGISTRATION FEES:
• $10.00 17 and under
• $25.00 early bird before 10/12/2012
• $45.00 family deal - up to 4 family members
• $20.00 virtual runner: get t-shirt if signed-up before
Pre-Race Packet Pick-Up:
Solar’s Sport, 18720 Stone Oak Parkway #150, 78258. 4-6pm on Friday, October 26.