1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Magic 105.3 “Pick Your Purse” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of Atascosa, Bexar, Bandera, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina, Wilson counties in the State of Texas, who are 18 years or older at the time of entry in possession of a valid government-issued photo id and a Social Security card. Employees of Cox Radio Inc., and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 9:00 a.m. (C.S.T.) on October 24, 2016 and end at or about 4:00 p.m. (C.S.T.) on December 2, 2016 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
To enter, listen to Sponsor’s Magic 105.3 FM radio broadcast (the “Show”) from 9:00 a.m. C.S.T. through 4:05 p.m. C.S.T. each weekday during the Sweepstakes Period. Four times every weekday during the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will announce that it’s time to call and that the correct caller wins (pending they meet all eligibility requirements). Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the correct caller, as solely determined by Sponsor, will become a Finalist.
To qualify as a Finalist, (a) you must be listening to the Show at the time the announcement is broadcasted; (b) you must be declared by Sponsor to be the correct caller; and (c) you must comply with all other terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
Listeners accessing Sponsor’s radio station audio via IP connections like website-based streaming or mobile devices are welcome to enter. However, Sponsor cannot be responsible for delays in electronic transmission of station audio to IP devices. By entering this Sweepstakes, listeners acknowledge and agree to this specific provision of these Official Rules. In addition, Sponsor will not be responsible for loss of service to the Sweepstakes Line or for a participant’s failure to reach the Sweepstakes Line due to malfunction of any network or system, congestion, any technical or human error, failures or malfunctions of any kind, including the congestion, overload, busy signals, or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing his/her text. In the event of interruption of power or telephone service to Sponsor during the contesting period of the Sweepstakes prior to accepting the correct caller, or a change in programming that results in Sponsor’s inability to air a call-in opportunity, Sponsor will not replay the affected call-in opportunity and the number of Finalists opportunities awarded in this Sweepstakes will be reduced accordingly. If the correct caller is ineligible, or fails to comply with any term of condition of these Official Rules, that caller will be disqualified and the next caller will be taken as the next potential finalist.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
4. Winner Selection and Odds. A maximum of 120 Finalists will be selected during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of becoming a Finalist depend on the number of eligible participants who call to participate during a particular call-in period and the order in which calls are received.
Four times every week day, October 24, 2016 through December 2, 2016 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. C.T., and 4:00 p.m. C.T., Sponsor will select one (1) potential Prize winner who is the correct caller.
5. Prize Description.
A total of one hundred twenty (120) Prizes will be awarded: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, each Prize Winner will receive a designer handbag. When the Sponsor announces with the cue to call that Finalist will be eligible to select a handbag from the “Pick Your Purse Boutique” that is located at 8122 Datapoint Drive, Suite 600 San Antonio, TX 78229 Monday – Friday 10:00 a.m. (C.S.T) until 2:00 p.m. (C.S.T.). If Finalist is unable to make it during the selected hours, Finalist must contact the Magic 105.3 Promotions department to set an appointment upon the Promotions Director’s availability. Designer handbags will be awarded on a first come first served basis among Finalists from the selection on display in the “Pick Your Purse Boutique.”
The Purse Boutique will not be in operation November 14, 2016 through November 18, 2016, and return to normal hours November 21st.
The list of designer handbags, with photographs and descriptions, will be available to view at magic1053.com. Designer handbags listed may not be available depending on Finalist selections.
The Finalist is not required to choose from the selection on display in the “Pick Your Purse Boutique.” If selection is not made, the potential handbag prize will be forfeited and finalist will be eligible to play the Pick Your Purse contest to choose from an updated handbag selection.
All styles are subject to availability at the time the Finalist personally chooses.
Handbags selected by the “Pick Your Purse” Finalist will not be exchanged once leaving the premises of the Cox Media Group Suite. Selected handbags are final.
A person can win a prize in the Pick Your Purse Contest only one time during the Contest Period. There will be 120 winners. (ARV: $67.99-$280.97)
Limit: One (1) prize per person and per household.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. To claim his/her prize, the potential winner must personally come to: 8122 Datapoint Drive Suite 600, San Antonio, TX 78229 between the hours of 10:00 a.m. (C.S.T) and 2:00 p.m. (C.S.T.) If Finalist in unable to make it during the selected hours, Finalist must contact the Magic 105.3 Promotions Department to set an appointment upon the Promotions Director’s availability. Designer handbags will be awarded on a first come first served basis among Finalists from the selection on display in the “Pick Your Purse Boutique.”
The handbag selection is based on the time the winner shows up in person to select their handbag, not from the time they called in to win.
Finalists will have 30 days from the date won to make a handbag selection.
Potential winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned within forty eight (48) hours of notification.
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, the inability of winner and his/her guest to travel within the time period specified by Sponsor, and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor will conduct up to two (2) alternate drawings, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Publicity. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and its licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
8. Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
9. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, COX MEDIA GROUP, INC., COX ENTERPRISES, INC., AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
10. Limitations of Liability. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE PRIZE(S) AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY
TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY PARTICIPANTS, PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERRORS, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR EMPLOYED IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE SWEEPSTAKES; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, OR THE NOTIFICATION OF ANY WINNER; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM A PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
11. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
12. Sponsor. The Magic 105.3 “Pick Your Purse” is sponsored by Magic 105.3 FM. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes. For a complete list of winners (available after December 2, 2016) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.magic1053.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), Magic 105.3 “Pick Your Purse Contest”, 8122 Datapoint, Suite 600, San Antonio, TX, 78229. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Magic 105.3 Promotions at 210-615-5400.